|Item 1||Promoter||The City of Boroondara of 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell 3124|
|Item 2||Competition||Love Local Life Promotions and Marketing Competition|
|Item 3||Entry Period||Commences: 9:00AM 29 April 2021
Closes: 5:00PM 30 June 2021 (or 2 months after competition opens)
|Item 4||How to Enter||To enter this Competition, Entrants must:
(1) complete their listing on the Love Local Life directory via https://lovelocallife.com.au/add-your-business/; or
(2) have previously signed up to the Love Local Life directory prior to the commencement of the Competition (from when it was first developed in November 2020).
(1) Entrants who have previously signed up to the Love Local Life directory and successfully refer another business gain an additional entry into the Competition (Additional Entry).
(2) A successful Additional Entry would require the referred business to sign up to the Love Local Life directory and not already be an existing business on the site. This will be monitored through a referral form on the competition website page and collated in a competition database.
(3) There is a maximum of five (5) Additional Entries allowed per business. All subsequent entries exceeding five (5) Additional Entries will be deemed invalid.
|Item 5||Draw Detail||The Winners will be drawn in the weeks commencing:
– 17 May 2021
– 7 June 2021
– 5 July 2021
at The City of Boroondara, 8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell VIC 3124
|Item 6||Winner(s) Notification||The Winner(s) will be notified via email or phone within three business days of the draw.|
|Item 7||Prize||The Winner(s) will receive a grant valued at $1,500.00.
The Prize can be spent on the development of a marketing and promotions strategy, advertising (print or online), printing, graphic design and/or website design and development.
Upon the Winner(s) Notification, the Winner will be provided with an agreement outlining the conditions of the grant which will need to be executed before receiving the Prize.
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
By entering this Competition, you, as the Entrant acknowledge and agree that:
- information on how to enter and the conditions of entry form part of these Terms and Conditions;
- participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions;
- all Items may be subject to further conditions contained in attached clauses;
- all costs associated with entering the Competition remain the responsibility of each Entrant;
- all details provided by the Entrant are true and accurate; and
- upon the Winner(s) Notification, the Winner will not automatically receive the Prize. The provision of the Prize is subject to the Entrant executing a separate legal agreement with the Promoter to outline the Winner(s) obligations in receiving the Prize.
- Entry is open to Australian Residents.
- Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the Prize Draw. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- Entrants must have:
- a business based in or operating in the municipality of Boroondara;
- signed up to the Love Local Life directory (https://lovelocallife.com.au/add-your-business/); and
- had their listing approved by the Promoter.
- How to Enter
- To enter the Competition, the Entrant must follow the procedure specified in Item 4 to the extent that Item 4 is not inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entries will be deemed invalid if submitted outside of the Entry Period specified in Item 3.
- Entrants may only submit one (1) entry per business in the form of a listing to the Love Local Life directory.
- Entrants who have previously signed up to the Love Local Life directory and successfully refer another business gain an additional entry to the Competition (Additional Entry).
- A successful Additional Entry requires the referred business to sign up to the Love Local Life directory and not already be an existing business on the site. This will be monitored through a referral form on the competition website page and collated in a competition database.
- There is a maximum of five (5) Additional Entries allowed per business. All subsequent entries exceeding five (5) Additional Entries will be deemed invalid.
- If an Entrant submits multiple Additional Entries of the same business, submits false Additional Entries, or refers businesses already listed on the directory, their entry will be deemed invalid.
- Draw Details
- The Promoter will draw the winner(s) following the procedure specified in Item 5.
- The Promoter reserves the right to draw reserves in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant.
- Where applicable, a judge or judges will be appointed by the Promoter at its absolute discretion. The judge or judges’ decision is final and binding on Entrants.
- Winner(s) Notification
- The names of the Winner(s) will be published on the Promoter’s Love Local Life website. The names will also be published via social media and the Winner(s) may be interviewed for publicity purposes.
- The winner(s) will be notified by the procedure outlined in Item 6.
- Whilst best efforts will be made to contact the winner(s), the winner(s) may be substituted via a second draw on 30 June 2021 and will forfeit the Prize in whole if:
- The winner(s) fails to respond within 28 days of receiving notification; or
- The winner(s) of the first draw cannot be reasonably identified or notified and reasonable efforts made by the Promoter to identify and notify the winner(s) were unsuccessful.
- The winner(s) of the second draw will be notified via phone or email within three business days of the second draw.
- The Prize is specified in Item 7.
- The Prize value is the recommended retail value in Australian dollars and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value.
- The Prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other prizes. The Prize is provided by the Promoter. Transport, parking and any other costs associated with redeeming the Prize are at the winner(s)’ expense.
- The Prize is subject to availability, non‐transferable and not exchangeable. The Promoter is not responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control if any element of any Prize is not provided. The Promoter may, subject to State regulations, substitute a different prize of equivalent value in place of any prize referred to in these terms and conditions. The Prize does not include any other costs of a personal nature not stated. The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the recipient is unable to use it as stated.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of residency and proof of entry validity. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the absolute discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner(s) cannot provide suitable proof the winner(s) will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute prize will be offered.
- By entering into this Competition, the Entrant consents to any personal information collected being used by the Promoter for the purpose(s), or directly related purpose(s), of conducting the Competition.
- The information may also be used to update Council’s customer databases to assist the Promoter in discharging its functions or providing services. Some information may also be used and disclosed in the Promoter’s marketing promotions and retail activities, or when exhibiting or publishing submitted works and such use and disclosure may occur outside Victoria.
- The personal information collected will not otherwise be disclosed unless permitted or required by law. If the information is not collected, your entry to the Competition may be invalid. Requests for access to and/or amendment of personal information should be made to the Promoter’s Privacy Officer, Private Bag 1, Camberwell, 3124.
- Release and Indemnity
- To the extent permitted by law, all entrants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the promotion including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity, personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
- All decisions and actions of the Promoter relating to the Giveaway and/or redemption of the prizes are exercised at its absolute discretion and are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted, incomplete, late, lost or misdirected entry cards or, for any technical malfunction of any communications network.
- There are no charges to enter the Competition. Any costs arising directly or indirectly with entering the Competition are the Entrant’s responsibility.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at their discretion to:
- adjudicate on the eligibility of applicants;
- disqualify any participant where the Promoter reasonably suspect any unlawful or improper conduct, such as infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights; and
- modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- Intellectual Property
- The Entrant retains the intellectual property rights of all material submitted. However, the Promoter reserves the right to retain, display in exhibitions, publish, catalogue, sell copies and publish thumbnails of all entries on the Promoter’s website and other internet platforms.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant authorises and confirms that permission has been obtained from authorised persons (including but not limited to copyright, trade mark, patent and/or design owners and individuals depicted in any photographs or images) to publish the entries on the Promoter’s website, or use the material in marketing, in print and/or electronically.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant indemnifies the Promoter against all and any actions, claims or damages, arising from unauthorised use of the photographs (including but not limited to infringement of intellectual property rights) that may be taken against the Promoter by authorised persons.
- The winner(s) agree to participate as required in promotional activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. The winner(s) agree to grant the Promoters a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide.